Cures for the Blues
By Marty Nemko
Might any of these help you?
- Be in the moment. Instead of worrying about the past or future, wring as much productivity or pleasure from the current moment.
- Giving--If you put out good energy-be nice to a slow store clerk, become a mentor, whatever, it's hard to feel depressed.
- A new creative project--the chance to express yourself beats back the blues
- A small pleasure: a latte, staring at the clouds for 10 minutes, watching a ballgame, whatever.
- An avocational goal, for example, getting in shape--it feels great to see your time for the mile run improve.
- Gratitude. Be grateful you're in California and not starving in Afghanistan.
Look at the above list of despair reducers. Pick the one most likely to relieve yours. Do it now.
© Marty Nemko 2004-2018. Usage Rights