The Self-Employment Test
By Marty Nemko
Is self-employment for you? Be honest about yourself:
1. Do you crave being in charge?
2. Are you flexible? The self-employed routinely must trash plans and reinvent.
3. Are you unusually productive? Ideas are a dime a dozen. The key is persistent implementation.
4. Do you solve real-world problems quickly?
5. Are you resilient? Even successful people face setbacks but they don't sulk; they quickly move to new strategies. (That doesn't preclude an occasional cry or rant.)
6. Are you willing and able to be persuasive? That's crucial in dealing with investors, vendors, customers, and employees.
© Marty Nemko 2004-2018. Usage Rights